- BBQ Style
- Buffalo Wings
- Honey Garlic
BBQ Chicken Wings
- 1 Lb chicken wings
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp Zara BBQ Chicken Wing Seasoning Tip: it can be used as a dry rub or as a sauce, we'll explain more below.
- In a large stainless steel bowl, chicken and put under cold running water to clean off any extra fat. Tip: Use the lemon by squeezing it in the water and rubbing it on the chicken skin, to remove any fishy flavours. This process will help through the duration of the recipe by giving you more tender, healthier and delicious wings.
- Once cleaned, let the chicken sit for a little bit in the lemon water, as you prepare the BBQ sauce.
For the sauce...Tip: You don't need sauce! The spices taste delicious as a dry rub, just sprinkle the spices on the chicken once before and then again, after cooking, the rest of this recipe incorporates a sauce made from the wing seasoning, the ingredients are below.
- Prepare the sauce in a small pot by mixing all your ingredients and bringing to a simmer over medium heat. Tip: If some ingredients are unavailable, substitute an oil of your choice instead!
- Marinate all your chicken wings with the sauce. Tip: Keep some sauce on the side to reapply some half-way through cooking for a more juicy recipe.
- We recommend banking your wings at 350° Celsius. Line a oven tray with aluminum and line your wings, separating them so they cook evenly. Chicken needs between 45 min-1 hour to cook.
- Reapply the sauce half-way through cooking.
- You'll know it's ready when it's not pink!
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings
For spicy Buffalo style wings, everything remains the same as above, except the sauce. To make buffalo wing sauce, use the following ingredients For the Sauce... instead.
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce (of your choice or home-made sauce!)
- 1.2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Worchestershire sauce (check this out)
- 1/2 tsp of Zara Celery Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Zara Cayenne
- 1/8 tsp of Zara Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Zara White Pepper or Black Pepper Ground Tip: White pepper is often used to avoid the the black bits of colour that black pepper creates.
- Salt to taste
- Simply melt the better over medium heat, then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well. Turn off just before they have boiled. This is best cooled before serving. You can even leave a jar in the fridge. Shake well!
Enjoy your home-made chicken wings... and may the best team win!